This is to describe what we do with information collected from users and what it is used for. We hope you will take the time to read this document and if you have questions, contact the webmaster through the contact page and I'll explain it.
- Contact form:
The MENVI Application:
- On our contact form, we ask for personal information such as First and Last Name, city, state, or province, country, Telephone Number, E-mail address, method of contact, and Comments. We will use the method of contact first such as E-mail. If we get a bounce, we will rely on your phone number. If it is invalid, then we discard the form with no further action on our part.
- If you are under the age of 13, we are allowed to contact you per the method specified in your contact form. Once we contact you, we are not allowed to keep any information on file without consent of your parent or guardian. If the E-mail address bounces, the MENVI online team may call the telephone number you provide within this form, and then promptly discard the information, even if no contact is made.
- We ask that if you are reporting something not working, that you report exactly where you are and what seems to be broken. We've gotten numerous reports of things not working such as signup, etc. and when checked, things seem to be working. This will help us if you're reporting a problem. To help you, MENVI has a script called "you are here" which is a relative path to where you are on our web site. Please use that when filling out a bug report so I know exactly which page we're dealing with. We will attempt to ask where the problem is, and will try to work with you, but if you fail to communicate with us, we will discard the form and no further action will be taken on MENVI's part to help you unless you submit another form.
- If you'd rather call us yourself, a telephone number is provided for you to call.
- On the contact form, your telephone number is required in case we can't get in contact with you. We will use the number to call you, then discard it until you contact us again. We will never share or disclose your telephone number with anyone for any reason here at MENVI. Anyone who is on staff who we find out violates this term will be fired by Jared Rimer.
- The MENVI contact form is not used to spam us. We now track your IP and we also track the browser you are using, and any referrer information that may be passed to us. We have the capability of looking up the IP number and looking up where to send abuse complaints. MENVI is not responsible if this leads to termination of your Internet service with the ISP.
- The MENVI application asks for information such as Name, Occupation, address, student if any, what instruments they play, newsletter preference, and whether they optionally want to subscribe to our discussion list. We will include this information in our membership roster for networking purposes. The roster does not put any type of age information that the app may ask. If you prefer certain information remain unpublished, please specify which. We do not publish whether you are wanting to subscribe to our discussion list, that list is separate from the roster itself.
- If you are under the age of 13, please have your parent or guardian sign you up. We are not allowed to collect information from anyone under the age of 13 without parental consent.
- We are tracking the IP and Browser that you are using, so that referral information can be passed on to us. In this way, we are also able to report abuse complaints." MENVI web services will not be responsible for ISP terminations resulting from abuse complaints.
- Part of MENVI's sign up process is asking whether you want to be on lists maintained on the network. Two are for roster delivery and newsletter delivery, and one for discussion. MenviMail, our attachment list, and MENVI Web News, our web newsletter group, are opt-in when you signify E-mail or web respectively. Should you be removed by our system, or you do it yourself, you've indicated not to be contacted by MENVI, you will be removed from MENVI's roster and communication facilities. The discussion list is voluntary and you can come and go as you wish.
Files posted and links to other web sites:
- This web site does not save cookies to your computer. We do not track any information that is easily accessible to the general public. We may review server logs available to the domain, but there is no way for us to track an individual user through the site.
- MENVI has an articles section which is for everyone to read. They are text files, and have been virus scanned before posting. MENVI does not have any harmful material on its website, and you may not hold MENVI, SCCM, or SSI responsible if your computer is damaged after leaving the MENVI domain. Should you find that you did get infected after visiting us, we can upload a fresh copy of the page in case the online version was contaminated. Please contact us and let us know the issue and we'll take care of things.
- We have links to external web sites. These web sites may be to information pertaining to virus information, other web sites the web master is involved with, or web sites of other companies. You leave the MENVI domain when clicking on these sites. SSI, MENVI, and SCCM are not responsible for any errors on these pages.
Spam and viruses:
- MENVI hosts two E-mail lists. They are a discussion list and an announcement list. One is hosted on our domain, and one is hosted on a site called Topica. All they collect when you subscribe is your E-mail address which the form asks for. You can also click on the link that you want to subscribe to and it is pre-addressed. The lists on the domain point you to a form which asks for your name, E-mail address, and a password. They're hosted by Mailman. If you have any questions, contact the MENVI contact team.
Contacting other members
- It is against this policy that our members send you spam or junk mail. The E-mail accounts on MENVI are only used for communication with people, not to send out Spam or viruses. While we understand that Spam can originate if you have one of MENVI's E-mail addresses in your address book, know that we will investigate every report that may come in dealing with Spam or viruses and if the member with the account has definitely sent the message in question, we have the right to terminate the account.
- We are encouraging everyone not to use any contact information that may be found on various parts of this web site to use that information to Spam or Virus any of our members. While we can't do anything about it unless you have an account with us, know that we can work with any member who contacts us to complain about it. The information is public, but it doesn't mean you can use the information to Spam our members with filth and hate and harmful material.
- We have been creating a database since 2007 of all existing members who have signed up for online delivery via web or E-mail delivery.
- This database may, from time to time, be sent to the members through their respective lists they are subscribed to so that they may be able to update their information.
- As indicated, there are two different lists, one for each set of subscribers. You are only put on these lists if you indicate either web or E-mail delivery.
- The database has your name, your number (if available), your E-mail address, the type of delivery E-mail or web, and notations. These notations may be, but not limited to, your sign up date, any dates you update your info, any notations on how to dial your number if not clear, and anything else we may need to have on file for you. This may include the application as received by our platform or updated application received through the same system.
- This database is not made available to print and braille readers, and is only shared with an outside source list for maintenance purposes to sync the two lists together to match the number of people I have as total.
- Online members may ask for a copy of this database upon request. They are not to share this database with friends, colleagues, etc. but to use it to look themselves up and make sure they are up to date with the way they need to be communicated with.
- If there is no phone number available for your entry, MENVI has the right to remove you without action should your E-mail address bounce through our list manager software.
- If time allows and we call you to notify you you have bounced, it is your responsibility to update your information through our online application. Should the software remove you before you update, your information is deleted from the database, and the offending information will be deleted from the roster. We may not call, so always try to update your information if possible.
- Per policy updates in the application section of this policy, if you or the software remove you from the specified lists, we will remove you from MENVI including the database. You will need to sign up for a new membership, at that point, the database rules apply once again.
If you have any questions, please feel free to give us a call or send us a contact form.
Please choose from the following links to navigate around the web site.
Notes From the Webmaster
If you find broken links on this Web page, please Contact MENVI. Kindly be specific when reporting broken links, as this will aid in repairing problems more quickly.
You may call the Webmaster at 818-921-4976. You may also text the webmaster or voice on Whats App by using 804-442-6975. Please leave a message if there is no response. Include your name, phone number, and the nature of the problem. We will only contact you if we need aditional information. Enjoy the Site!
Copyright and privacy statement
No portions of this Web Page may be reproduced. MENVI and The JRN are two different entities. Any third party links are the responsibility of their respective web sites and The JRN nor MENVI are responsible for any errors, omissions, etc. when leaving the MENVI Domain.
MENVI takes your privacy of your personal information very seriously. Since 2003, we've never sold, rented, disclosed, distributed or given any member information to anyone that is a non-member of this network. Contact information we have is not for sale! MENVI advisors info is for the public, and our web site has email links, and we can freely give out other information about them. Questions? Please contact us!