[Menvi-discuss] A brass question

Joseph Deery jd.ei4ja at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 00:19:05 UTC 2018

Hi all Joe here. I would like to start by saying this is not a braille music question and i apologise for that. I have began to learn the trumpet. Unfortunately i have neighbours that do not really like music. I have come across a device made by Yahama. This fits into the bell and apparently silences the trumpet. This in turn plugs in to a little box and you plug a headphone in to this. My worry is that this device will change the feel when i am playing so that when i take it out i have to relearn the feel of actually playing a note. My trumpet is in b.flat made by stag i do not know the model number. If any one has any advice that would be great or if any one would like to contact me off list my email is jd.ei4ja at gmail.com thank you very very much in advance Joe I have started to learn the trumpet unfortunately i have neighbours and i would like to keep the sound to a minimum . I have come across a device made by Yahama that fits in to the bell and completely silences the trumpet. Then you plug this to a little box and take a pair of headphones from this box. My question is do people think this is a good idea also would it change hugely how it feels to play. My worry is that i would get used to this feel when playing then when i take it off i would have to relearn thank you very very much and again heart felt apologies that this is not a braille music question Joe

Sent from my iPhone