[Menvi-discuss] question about scanning in SharpEye

Bill billlist1 at verizon.net
Sat Jan 17 20:29:59 UTC 2015

Hi, Leslie,

SharpEye can only open images created in the .tif or .bmp foramats.  How did
you convert the original JPeg file to tiff format?  There are a number of
reliable tools that can do that job.  Remember, SharpEye needs gray scale
images of 300 dots-per-inch (DPI).  For converting to tiff, we like the
Peernet Tiff Image Printer:

www.peernet.com

Another possibility is that you have inadvertently set what SharpEye calls a
zone in SharpEye's image window that is so small that there really are no
staves inside it.  Here's an excerpt from a post that Albert Milani of
Dancing Dots sent to our GoodFeel list a few months ago.  I am copying this
reply to our GoodFeel list as it may be of interest to others:

.

I suspect you clicked in the image window and made a tiny zone that has no
music in it.  SharpEye allows you to select a zone in the image to "Read" so
that you can just do part of a page of music.  Because of this, I recommend
consciously trying not to click in the image window since zones are the only
reason to click in the image window and this problem that you are running
into is more common than the use of zones.  If you do mistakenly click in
the image window, you can remove this zone selection by clicking in the
image window again to make sure the image window has focus and pressing the
delete key.  You can also use CONTROL+TAB to switch between the Music and
Image windows.  After deleting the zone, you can try to "Read" the music
again.

.

Bill