[Menvi-discuss] question about music for conducting

Brian Howerton bshowerton1 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 17:37:23 UTC 2014

Hi Julie,
I serve as worship pastor at a church here in Richmond Virginia, and have to
do this on a weekly basis so hopefully I can shed some light on this for
you.  If you use lime and good feel, you can print off your scores where you
have the music and lyrics or in score format where just the music is
printed.  As long as each part is on its own staff in Lime, Good Feel will
print each part on a separate line for each measure.  So you would have the
soprano part on one line for measure 1, then the alto part, etc.  This helps
me the most because it's like you are ready each part in single-line format.
The only time I have to deal with interval signs really is when there is a
first and second soprano part.  This seems to work the best for me.  The key
though is to make sure each part is on its own staff.  This is what I use to
lead rehearsals each week for our choir and it works great.  I'd be glad to
talk to you off-list if you would like to talk more about this.  Thanks, and
hope this helps.
Brian