[Menvi-discuss] Getting vocal scores into Lime

Bill billlist1 at verizon.net
Wed Feb 13 19:13:06 UTC 2013

If you have the .gf file created by GOODFEEL, you can actually highlight the
file name, press the Applications Key or perform a right mouse click, arrow
down to "Open with" and select Duxbury.  Duxbury should recognize it as a
formatted braille file.  Simply open and press CONTROL+E to emboss.

I am running Duxbury Braille Translator version 11.1 which recognizes the
.gf file as formatted braille.  If older versions do not, simply rename the
file from .gf to .brf and it should work fine.  If your file is flute.gf
just rename it to flute.brf and Duxbury will open the .brf file without any
problem.

However, you can install the demo version of GOODFEEL as well as the Windows
Generic/Text-only printer and then emboss your .gf from within GOODFEEL.
Although the demo version will only transcribe 10 or so bars of any input
file and then stop, it has no limitation on embossing .gf files already
prepared.

Run the unauthorized copy of GOODFEEL

OK the message that tells you that GOODFEEL it is running in demo mode.

File | Open Braille File
Or
ALT+F, O

Tab to Emboss and press space bar.