[Menvi-discuss] SATB transcription questions

Brandon Keith Biggs brandonkeithbiggs at gmail.com
Sat Feb 9 18:24:15 UTC 2013

Hello,
As few things between each note and the text is best. I must have measure numbers, always, never a time without measure numbers. If you have measure numbers nothing else matters. I don’t need to know when the page changes. Knowing that page 60 to 63 is on that page is nice, but I don’t really need to know if I have measure numbers.
If for some reason measure numbers aren’t possible, Each page tern needs to be on its own line, each rehearsal marking needs to be on its own line. I hate trying to scan through the music lines, looking for the page terns.

I haven’t formed an opinion about queues yet, I’ve never had them. But perhaps a measure may be nice, put in parenthesis. Or the piano part. It is not that important though as it is faster to hear the people next to us start and just memorize it.
Just say “repeat the word 10000 times” and keep the music going. As little interruption between the music as possible. There should be a mark though, letting me know when the music is on the next line or if there is a word line on the next line.

Long notes are most important. Try to end on a rest though if there is a choice. I need time to find my way to the next part of the line. But don’t worry about the lyrics, we hardly read them anyways, or when we do we are just looking for the next word, not where it is.
Another thing, put D, C, R, but:
poco rit, e dim
is just way to much for a line. I personally would like those put as a footnote.
Also, I love measure numbers before the music under the lyrics if there are measure numbers. This makes it easy to read without the annoyance of finding where the translation or lyrics end and where the music starts again.
I also don’t like it when the words go onto more than one line, That breaks my flow and gets me more lost than if I find myself on the wrong page.
Is there any way where we can let Bana know what works about the official format and what doesn’t?
Thanks,

Brandon Keith Biggs