[Menvi-discuss] Ratio of reading VS listeningwhenlearningvocalmusic?

Kaiti Shelton crazy4clarinet104 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 01:55:09 UTC 2013

Hi Kelby,

Agreed.  It's just too fast paced.  In a perfect world I would like to
think I could use braille music more often than I do because going off
of other people's recordings can sometimes get you into trouble too if
they do something stylistic that isn't on the printed page, but when
you need to play for juries and master classes and recitals it's just
too much... and this is coming from a second semester freshman so I
can't imagine what it will be like when my pieces get harder and
longer.  It's a little scary to know I'm already preparing rep for my
junior or senio recital and that all these concerti have to be as near
perfect as possible within a year and a half.  There's no way I would
be able to do it in time, let alone be ready for juries or master
classes, if I only used braille music.

--
Kaiti