[Menvi-discuss] Color references and other sight-related material

Dani L Pagador axs.brl at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 23:24:38 PDT 2012

Hi, Lydia.
I looked at Web-Braille and saw that the theory and lesson books for Piano
Adventures 1 are available.

Title:         Piano adventures. Level 1, Theory book [music
                  (braille)] / by Nancy and Randall Faber with Victoria
                  McArthur.
Book Number:   BRM35446

Title:         Piano adventures [music (braille)] : a basic
                  piano method. Lesson book. Primer level / by Nancy and
                  Randall Faber.

Book Number:   BRM32383

You may want to look through both books to see how descriptions of pictures
are handled. Imho, as a braille user who'd reference a book like this to get
ideas on how to work with young students wanting to learn music, I'd want to
see an edition that stays as close to the print as possible, with notes
included on what my color options are for marking the dynamics.   I'm
interested in what the transcribers on list have to say, though.

HTH,

Dani